FLUFFY NANO BROWS
Please see below for:
- FAQ (including eligibility)
- Precare restrictions
- Aftercare restrictions
Disclaimer: Each client’s skin will respond differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions needed for your desired results and retention. The healed results differ from person to person. This information acts as a guideline only, and we cannot guarantee your results.
What is nano brows? How is that different compared to microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent makeup. Microblading is a manual process of implanting pigment into the upper layer of the skin by making micro incisions with the use of a manual tool, and sterile and disposable needle to deliver the appearance of hair strokes. Nano brows uses a machine with a single needle instead of using a microblading blade needle. In regards to style, we specialize in fluffy brow style. Fluffy brows focus on natural wispy hair textured look. For most natural look, we generally recommend working with client’s natural brow base rather than making drastic changes.
How long does nano brows last?
This varies from person to person depending on the client’s skin, lifestyle, diet, health condition and other factors. Nano brows is considered semi-permanent and they will fade over time. It could last approximately 1 to 3 years for most people. An annual touch up is highly recommended after the follow up touch up. If your skin is oily, ombré shading style (solid makeup penciled look without hairstrokes) is recommended as the end result of microblading/nano brows may appear more powdery or diffused and will most likely need more touch-up. The constant production of oil will cause the hairstroke look to heal with a diffused and powdery look. Unfortunately we do not offer ombré shading style. Please note that final results cannot be guaranteed as each client's skin type will respond differently in healing time, color retention and number of sessions needed for desired results.
Should I book a consultation?
We are accepting consultations via email. You are welcome to email clear close up photo of your brows in natural lighting and advise of your concerns/desires. If you wish to move forward in booking an appointment, during the time of your appointment, we will also discuss your brows, pre-draw the shape before doing any actual tattooing work. Prior to booking an appointment, please ensure that you have read and understand the Info Guide and policy as the security deposit is non-refundable.
Can I get nano brows if they were previously tattooed/microbladed?
If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed/microbladed, please send us an email with a clear unedited photo (with no makeup) of your eyebrows for evaluation prior to booking. If your previous work is too dark, dense, discolored or large, we may not be able to work on your brows. Please note, we do not offer touch ups on previously tattooed brows performed by another artist/facility. It will be treated as a brand new session.
Who is ineligible for nano brows?
Although nano brows is fantastic for most people, there are some individuals who are not eligible for the nano brows procedure. We do not provide nano brows for the following:
- Are under 18 years old
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Have diabetes, glaucoma or on blood thinning medications
- Have transmittable blood disease such as HIV/Hepatitis
- Have skin cancer
- Have any kind of skin condition near the treatment area (i.e. acne, shingles, psoriasis, rashes, eczema or anything else near eyebrows)
- Cosmetic procedures such as botox/fillers must always be 4 weeks apart (before/after treatment). No exceptions.
- Are undergoing chemotherapy
- Have keloid scarring or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation
- Have hemophilia
- Have severe acne or taking skin medications like Accutane and steroids (you must be off of Accutane for one year)
- Have allergies to alcohol or numbing agents/ topical anesthetics
- Have heart problems, healing disorders, uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have allergies to makeup or colors
- Have a dark, dense, discolored or large pre-existing eyebrow tattoo/microblading. Please send us an email with a clear unedited photo (with no makeup) of your eyebrows for evaluation prior to booking.
Does it hurt?
Pain tolerance varies from person to person. Majority of our clients find that the procedure is very tolerable and some fall asleep. We use a medical grade topical anesthetic for numbing the treated area to make you feel comfortable and pain free as possible.
When should I get a touch up? How many treatments are needed?
Nano brows typically requires a minimum of two treatments (initial procedure and follow-up touch up) at least 6 - 8 weeks apart to allow for the healing process to complete. A touch up fee will apply accordingly. Please note that the frequency of touch-ups depends on various factors. Final results cannot be guaranteed as each skin type heals differently and pigment break down at different rates.
How long is the appointment?
Nano brows generally requires two treatments at least 6-10 weeks apart to allow for the healing process to complete. The initial appointment will take about takes 2-3 hours.
We recommend the following to ensure that your skin is in the best condition as possible for the procedure:
- Do NOT drink coffee or any caffeine on the day of the procedure
- Do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure
- Do NOT work out on the day of the procedure
- Do NOT sun tan for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. Please do not arrive to your appointment with a sunburn around the eyebrow area. Please email at least 48 hours prior to your appointment to reschedule.
- Do NOT consume Advil, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, fish oil supplements, omega-3, unless medically necessary or any blood thinning mediation for a minimum of 72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay)
- Exfoliators, creams containing Glycolic Acid, Retin-A, Renova, and Alpha Hydroxyls Acid (AHAs) at least 72 hours before the procedure
- If you regularly get your eyebrows waxed or threaded, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment
- Botox or other fillers should be avoided within 4 weeks of the procedure
- Facials, chemical peels and laser treatments should be avoided within 4 weeks of the procedure
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least 1 year before considering this procedure.
For the first 24-48 hours after your appointment, please GENTLY blot your eyebrows with a water damped paper towel several times a day. Please DO NOT rub and drag, it is a gentle blot (press and lift). You must be gentle at all times.
After 48 hours, please GENTLY cleanse your eyebrows once or twice a day (morning and evening) with a lathered mild soap (i.e. baby soap) and let your eyebrows air dry for 10-15 mins until your eyebrows are dry. Please make sure your hands are clean when cleansing your eyebrows. Once cleansed and air dried, apply a thin layer of the post-care ointment 3-4 times a day for 7-10 days.
What To Avoid
The following must be avoided during the nano brows healing process:
- Soaps, shampoos or other cleansers on the treated area for the first 7 days
- Keep your face away from the shower stream for 2 weeks
- Avoid long hot shower during scabbing phase
- Activities that will cause sweating (i.e. working out, sports, etc.) for 2 weeks
- Swimming, jacuzzis, sauna, steam, hot bath or other bodies of water for 2 weeks
- Sun tanning, UV/UVA rays or chemicals for 30 days
- Smoke, dust, dirt and debris for the first 7 days
- Any facials, laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Glycolic acid for 30 days
- Picking, peeling or scratching the microbladed area
- Touching the treated area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab
- Application of any makeup to the microbladed area for 2 weeks
- Vaseline, moisturizer, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing
- Applying any anti-acne products or lightening creams such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
What to Expect During and After Your Nano Brows Session
The complete healing process takes about 6 weeks depending on your skin regeneration. During this process, your brows will go through several phases.
Immediately following your procedure, your nano brows will appear sharply defined and start getting darker and bolder in color. The pigment will appear much darker the next day and can last up to a week. You may experience a little discomfort as the treated area may feel a little tender like a sunburn after the treatment.
During the initial healing period, you will also experience minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. This is just the superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. Please do not pick and allow the scab or dry skin to naturally shed on its own.
The brows will gradually soften and may appear lighter in a few days. At times, even with proper care, clients may feel that color has faded too quickly or lose original hairstrokes in certain areas. This is normal as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Please wait until 6-8 weeks so touch-up/adjustment can be made.
After 2 weeks, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure may cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.